Core PackagesLast updated:
Payroll and HR Transactions Management Core Package
The package includes the following features and processes:
Access and Support
- 24/7 access to comprehensive guidance, advice and automated forms (e-forms) via the Schools Web
- Provision of a Service Desk Portal to easily raise requests and incidents
- Access to the Human Resources Service Desk by phone or email to address first line payroll queries during office hours
- Access to a small team of coordinators exclusively specialising in school payroll for more in-depth queries
- Access to use the SIMS to SAP export facility (Please note this facility is dependent on both the Payroll and SIMS Support Services being purchased from BC)
- Regular updates on national and local issues impacting schools via our Schools Bulletin and Schools Web
- Regular updates on our services and key topics in person/online at Support Services forums
- Advice on best practice and payroll legislation
- Production of an annual Payroll Processing Timetable available via Schools Web
- Issue contracts of employment
- Compliance checks and advice on Safeguarding and right to work checks
- Application of P45s and HMRC New Starter Checklists for tax purposes
- Administration of New Starters, Variations and Leavers
- Administration of pay claims for supply teachers and other casual workers
- Processing of overtime and expense claims
- Calculation and written advice to the school on employee Family Leave entitlements such as Statutory and Occupational Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay
- Calculation and written advice to employees on long term absence regarding sick pay
- Calculation of under and overpayments
- Apply pay scale updates, pay increments and update travel rates as appropriate
- Adjust salaries to take account of national and local pay awards as required
- Processing of staff benefits such as Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work schemes
Reporting and compliance
- Real Time Information (RTI) Reporting to HMRC
- Deduction and payment of all statutory employee and employer liabilities e.g. Tax, National Insurance and Apprentice Levy
- Deduction and payment of voluntary payroll deductions to third parties, e.g. Unison
- Production and distribution of statutory payroll forms including P45, P60 and P11D
- Monthly LGPS and Teacher’s pension administration including PAE assessment
- Application of HMRC tax code and student loan changes as advised by HMRC, and administration of court orders
- Administration of leaver action on payroll and necessary notification to HMRC/Pensions
- Calculation of termination payments due
- Production of final payslip and P45
- Provision of an electronic payslip to each employee on or before payday
- Provision of an electronic P60 to each employee at the end of the tax year in line with statutory deadlines.
- Overpayments raised by the school or identified by HR will be calculated by the payroll team subject to an administration fee.
- Overpayments will be recovered over the same time period they occurred unless confirmed otherwise by the school.
We provide a number of monthly reports to help you complete payroll checking and provide all the information you need about your staffing costs and payroll set up.
HR Changes Report
This report details all contractual changes actioned on payroll in the month, for example, starters, leavers and change to hours.
This is a clear and simple report, allowing you to quickly and easily check that all the payroll changes you submitted have been actioned.
Gross Cost Listing Report (preview)
This report is a preview of your full staffing costs for the month i.e. a breakdown of all payments and on-costs.
Month End Reports
Gross Cost Listing Report (final)
Once payroll has been finalised, you will be sent a final version of the Gross Cost Listing Report for your records confirming values posted to the General Ledger.
This report is sent securely in excel format, making it easy for you to download and use as you wish for further checking.
Employee Master Data Report
This report is a snapshot of your employee master data, allowing you to quickly and easily check high level payroll set up for your staff members.
Items included - Surname, Initials, Personnel Number, Contract type and End Date, Grade, ISN Point, Annual Salary, FTE %, Weeks Worked, Annual Leave Weeks, Recurring Allowances and Tax Code
Bucks Maintained Schools
Access to Schools Web needed.
To utilise the SIMS to SAP export facility the BC SIMS Support Services must be purchased.
£5.23 per employee payslip
Equates to £68 per year this includes a P60 annual earnings payslip
Casual workers will be billed retrospectively each quarter
£106 Annual Pensions Administration Fee*
Contracts run for 12 months from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024
* Fixed annual fee per school. Inclusive of both LGPS and Teachers Pension administration (£53 per annum for each scheme). Please refer to our LGPS and TP Employer Responsibilities Service description for details of pension administration undertaken on behalf of the school.