Buckinghamshire Traded Services

Termination of a service

Last updated:


The term of your agreement commences on the agreed contract start date.  


You may terminate the Contract prior to the expiry of the Term or Renewal Period by giving us not less than 3 months’ notice provided you pay to us the fees we would have become entitled to if the Contract had not been terminated prior to end of the annual contract, subject to the 3 months’ notice period. 

Either party may terminate the Contract if the other party commits a material breach, or series of breaches resulting in a material breach, of the Contract and such breach is not remediable or is not remedied within 30 days of written notice requiring that party to do so. The party terminating the Agreement shall be liable for any expenditure incurred by the other side as a result of any breach of this provision. 

In order to provide notice of termination, a letter/email from the Academy/Trust is required on letter headed paper, notifying of the wish to terminate the contract. 

Upon termination the below exit fees are payable. This fee includes provision of a standard payroll data report to be provided to your new payroll provider. 

End of Tax Year Exit Fee - £424 per school     

Mid Tax Year Exit Fee - £583 per school  

Any additional reporting requests will be chargeable as per the previous schedule for additional services. An annual flat fee will be agreed in respect of ongoing access to historical data during the statutory retention period of 6 years.  

On termination:  

The Customer will immediately pay all invoices then outstanding; We will invoice you for all Services provided but not yet invoiced including any cancellation fees due, and you will pay such invoices immediately.  

In the unfortunate event of termination, it would be helpful to us to know why you wish to bring the agreement to an end. In order to improve our services, we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you your experiences.  Prior to exiting, your account manager will contact you with a survey/discussion for you to supply your feedback 

Following termination, you will be required to contact your sponsoring bank to unlink your Service User Number (SUN) from the BC BACS Bureau. We are unable to do this on your behalf and until the SUN is unlinked, BC will still have access to your information.   

Print entire guide

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good