Buckinghamshire Traded Services

Service Level Agreement

Last updated:

Buckinghamshire Council responsibilities

Buckinghamshire Council will:

  • Provide assistance to investigate serious accidents/incidents and those resulting in an insurance claim.
  • Provide assistance and advice with investigating less serious accidents/incidents and on accident reporting legal compliance.
  • Provide direct health and safety telephone and email advice and guidance during standard working hours
  • Provide access to Buckinghamshire Council’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and other health and safety information tailored to meet the needs of schools including model checklists and templates via the A-Z, SchoolsWeb.
  • Provide access to a comprehensive Health and Safety Learning Programme at preferential rates) via the A-Z, SchoolsWeb.
  • Carry out a school audit when there is time and resources available.

Obligations on the part of the School, Academy, or MAT:

The Academy is responsible for complying with health and safety-related legislation and the relevant Health and Safety at Work policy.

When advice and support is required, the Academy will:

For accidents, Incidents and Dangerous Occurrences (Near Misses), the academy will:

  • Notify us immediately of any serious incident, accident or dangerous occurrence by phone in addition to reporting via the on line accident system AssessNet so that assistance can be given or a visit arranged. 
  • Record all Incidents, accidents or near misses on the online recording system within 10 days.
  • Minor injuries, e.g. bumps and scrapes to be recorded in the school’s First Aid book.
  • Report all Accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences under RIDDOR (‘Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences’ Regulations 2013) to the
    • Health and Safety Executive (HSE) via the AssessNet system or through the hse.gov.uk website
    • And copy in the Health and Safety Team.

Workstation assessments

Individuals requiring advice on their workstation should complete a DSE Assessment before contacting healthandsafety@buckinghamshire.gov.uk to request a visit from a Health and Safety Adviser.

For Academies holding radiation sources

Notify the Health and Safety team with immediate effect of any serious incident or non-minor contamination caused by the spilling of an unsealed source, or damage to a sealed source.

Print entire guide

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good