BESST Training & CPD for SchoolsLast updated:
Continued Professional Development within Buckinghamshire is delivered by a range of expert Buckinghamshire Council teams and partner agencies.
For training and CPD delivered by BESST, the following terms apply:
Responsibilities to undertake successful participation in the virtual session, as part of terms and conditions of your training &/or CPD:
Read the information below as this has been included to help with the smooth running of the BESST courses. If there are any errors with your booking or you have a query please contact us immediately at BESST@buckinghamshire.gov.uk
- We recommend you save the email message with the virtual training link in an accessible folder and/or your electronic diary. You can copy the ‘Click here to join the meeting’ message and paste it into your calendar.
- It is advisable to check your device is compatible with MS Teams and that you have access to the chat. We cannot accept responsibility for the quality or accessibility of the device you have chosen to use.
- Ensure your screen ID is your own name or school name. If you are not sure please add your name and school to the chat bar. If we are unable to confirm attendance you may not be sent further information, presentations or documentation.
- You are advised to log onto the training at least 5 minutes beforehand to ensure the presenter can start the session on time. Failure to do so may result in missing out on important information.
- The majority of our online training requires delegates to be muted and cameras to be turned off. It is your responsibility that this is done before joining the training. Please respect this request as failure to do so can affect the quality of the presentation and also the experience of other delegates.
- If you join the meeting and have no sound, picture or access to the chat, please leave and re-join as this may rectify the problem. If this doesn't work, the problem may be with the device you are using. We cannot accept responsibility for the quality or accessibility of the device you have chosen to use.
- We will send out presentations and documentation where possible. This may take up to 14 working days to arrange and approve.
- Certificates of attendance are not provided for all courses. If the training you attended does produce a certificate of attendance these can take up to 14 working days to produce. They will be emailed directly to you.
- Cancellations are to be made in writing to BESST@buckinghamshire.gov.uk at least 2 days prior to the training session. Cancellations after this time will still incur the charge and we suggest finding an alternative member of staff to attend.
- If you have a query with your booking please contact us immediately at BESST@buckinghamshire.gov.uk during office hours. This inbox is not routinely monitored past 55.30 pm each day.
For training and CPD delivered by other Buckinghamshire Council departments, please see their own SLA.
For training and CPD delivered by external partners, please read the booking terms and conditions carefully. Buckinghamshire Council has did not audit the training provided by external partners, instead is signposting to partner websites. Buckinghamshire Council cannot be held responsible for the advice and guidance given by external partners. All questions, queries or complaints regarding the advice given must be directed to the partner organisation and the purchasing school and governing board must undertake all necessary due diligence on the advice and guidance given in the training.