Schools Technical Support
Schools Technical Support
Buckinghamshire Council's technical support ensures your school digitally evolves whilst internet safety remains paramount.
Our service includes:
- 1st/2nd/3rd line software and hardware
- Remote and onsite resolution of issues and service requests
- Server software updates, patches, and hotfixes
- Management of user accounts staff and pupils
- Application packaging
- Data and permission management
- RBUSS Data Storage
- WiFi Services
Technical support of admin devices purchased from Buckinghamshire Council is included in all support packages (excluding Secondary Schools). We also provide a range of hardware devices to keep your back office moving. From reduced cost high-spec laptops to data storage. We also provide a solution for anti-virus and malware.
The anti-malware solution prevents threats from reaching your devices by:
- Detecting whether threats have bypassed other preventative methods
- Analysing and reversing corruption caused by malware
- Using anti-exploit technology enabling malware to be blocked
- Finding and fixing any vulnerabilities within your system
- Detecting malicious data encryption and instantly stops ransomware – even if this is hidden within trusted files.
- Cleaning files without intervention from IT support personnel
- Blocking and eliminating attack vectors, unlike traditional solutions.
Whole School Support Packages
Whole School Technical and MIS Support Packages area available for up to 100 Microsoft Windows Curriculum devices (including combined server).
- Peer to Peer Server (for networks with up to and including five workstations)
- Domain Server (for networks with over five workstations and Whole School Support)
- Admin Workstation includes: Hardware, Microsoft Windows and Set up Costs
- Curriculum Workstation includes: Hardware, Microsoft Windows and Set up Costs charged separately depending on requirements
- Curriculum Laptop includes: Hardware, Microsoft Windows/Office License and Set up Costs
SOPHOS Intercept X Anti-Malware Protection
- Prevents threats from reaching devices
- Detects whether threats have bypassed other preventative methods
- Analyses and reverses corruption caused by malware
- Anti-exploit technology recognises and blocks common malware
- Finds and fixes any vulnerabilities within your system
- Detects malicious data encryption and instantly stops ransomware - even if hidden in trusted files or processes
- Files cleaned without needing intervention from IT support personnel
- Blocks and eliminates attack vectors, unlike traditional solutions
Supply and Installation of hardware & software
Benefit from the advantages of corporate discounts when purchasing your ICT hardware and software from BCC ICT Services to Schools. If you have requested installation, we will deliver direct, set up your equipment and test as part of the sign off of the order.
50GB - 2000GB (2TB) available for backup data for Schools and is charged annually.
Whole School Wi-Fi Installation
The team is also able to provide a Wi-Fi networking solution for schools giving access to staff, students and guests.
The team has continued development to integrate the Wireless security with the curriculum network, to support mobile devices around the school and supports BYOD solutions.
Admin Network Support
MIS Technical Support is included in the Arbor or SIMS support packages.
The UK faces a continuing threat from both international and domestic terrorism and violent extremism, which can emerge from any community and can be inspired by a wide range of causes. The statutory guidance makes clear that schools and childcare providers are expected to assess the risk of children being drawn into terrorism, including support for extremist ideas that are part of the terrorist ideology. The PREVENT software solution provides schools with the ability to proactively monitor and positively mitigate against online dangers such as radicalisation, grooming, cyber-bullying, and self-harm.
The PREVENT software solution provides schools with the ability to proactively monitor and positively mitigate against online dangers such as radicalisation, grooming, cyber-bullying, and self-harm.
We are able to arrange competitive Hardware replacement\repair service for PCs, Printers and associated equipment.
Project requests that fall outside a standard SLA will be quoted for and costs agreed prior to implementation.
Requests will be quoted and costs agreed prior to implementation