Training for teachers NEW to Year 6
Statutory assessment and standardisation training for teachers NEW to Year 6
We are offering full day training courses for moderation and assessment at the end of Key Stage 2 for teachers new to Year 6 or returning to teaching Year 6.
This one-day course aims to provide information for teachers who are unfamiliar with, or who have not previously administered, the end of Key Stage 2 statutory assessments.
Training will explore national exemplification materials and prepare delegates to undertake teacher assessment and moderation activity with confidence.
To support teachers who are new to statutory assessment in Year 6, this course will explain essential information about national tests and their administration.
Content domain, test formats and timetabling details as well as administrative and regulatory responsibilities, will be clarified. The course will also clarify national updates to assessment for 2024.
- Understand the expectations of the Teacher Assessment Framework (TAF) for KS2
- Use the TAF and draw on a range of evidence to make accurate judgements
- Become familiar with national exemplification materials for KS2
- Know how to administrate the national tests (SATs)
- Secure knowledge of the test content domains and question formats
- Consolidate knowledge of curricular opportunities to support outcomes for writing
- Explore teaching ideas to support teaching and learning in 2024.
Lucy Kent (Buckinghamshire Moderation Manager) and Eleanor Wallace (Senior Lead Moderator)
Date: FULLY BOOKED
Time: 09:30am to 3pm
Venue: The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury HP19 8FF
Refreshments and lunch provided