The BESST offer to schools for 2022/23 offers covers a broad range of training, reviews, conferences and support which will enable school leaders to keep up to date and support the implementation of best practice across Buckinghamshire.
We are pleased to introduce bronze, silver and gold packages in both school improvement services and governor training to enable schools to cost effectively plan for support and training needs. These packages will run across two terms initially, Autumn 2022 and Spring 2023, and then will move to full year packages from the start of the 2023/24 financial year, in line with Buckinghamshire Traded Services. These packages have been planned and costed to suit the needs of schools across two terms only.
Billing of Packages
Schools and academies will be billed for packages in Autumn term.
Billing of pay-as-you-go Services
Following a purchase for pay-as-you-go services, schools and academies will be billed in the last week of the following month.
All costs illustrated in this brochure are the net price. VAT will be added to purchases where appropriate.
How to Purchase
BESST services are purchased using two of the established Buckinghamshire Council booking processes:
- Small ticket items, such as training courses, BESST conference tickets and new governor welcome support is bookable via Traded Services Book Now. This allows for instant booking by any member of school staff or governing board without the need for logging in or passwords.
- Larger ticket items, such as one of the packages, School Improvement reviews or Headteacher Performance Management are bookable via Traded Services Shop for Support. This requires Bursar login to the Traded Services system, and thus Bursar approval for purchase.
Each service detailed in this brochure is listed on the BESST webpages and booking links are provided under each service offer.
Small Schools Discount
Small schools, with under 150 pupils on roll, will benefit from a 10% discount on all of the following services:
- School Improvement and Development Days
- School Improvement Reviews
- Headteacher Performance Management
- Places at BESST conferences
- 1:1 coaching for headteachers
Pupil numbers are based on the November DFE census.
Get in Touch
If you have enquiries that we can support you with, or any questions regarding the services listed in this brochure, please get in touch directly by:
- emailing BESST@buckinghamshire.gov.uk or
- calling BESST on 01296 383030.
For any booking related issues (such as lost Traded service log in details), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any specific services you need or are looking for, and you can’t find them listed, please contact us for help and advice. We are here to help!