The National Governance Association (NGA) is the membership organisation for governors, trustees and clerks of state schools in England.
The NGA are an independent, not-for-profit charity that aims to improve the educational standards and wellbeing of young people by increasing the effectiveness of governing boards and promoting high standards. They are expert leaders in school and academy governance, providing information, advice and guidance, professional development and e-learning.
The NGA represents the views of governors, trustees and clerks at a national level and work closely with, and lobby, UK government and educational bodies.
We are pleased to be able to offer Buckinghamshire academy and free schools a discount on membership to the National Governance Association.
for £94, a discount of £5
- NGA guides available at a discounted rate
- copies of Governing Matters magazine to the home of three governors/trustees and a copy to the school
- access to members-only content in the online Knowledge Centre containing a wealth of governance resources
- a weekly e-newsletter featuring the latest education news and policy updates
- free places at conferences and events, including the Summer and Annual Conferences, Clerks’ and SEND Networks
- NEW: free places at governance leadership forums
- access to NGA’s webinar and podcast series
- representation at a national level through lobbying and campaigns
for £253, a saving of £25
NGA GOLD governing membership gives your board access to all NGA best practice resources while getting expert, confidential and independent governance advice from the GOLDline Advice Service. Membership of the gold package also includes the benefits of the standard package (see above), plus the below:
- A complimentary copy of Welcome to Governance and The Chair’s Handbook in the welcome pack, complimentary copies of Welcome to Governance for all new governors/trustees, and additional NGA guides available at a discounted rate
- NEW: access to Welcome to Governance LIVE, these free virtual sessions are for new governors/trustees and complement local school/trust or LA training and support
- copies of Governing Matters magazine to the home of every governor/trustee and a copy to the school
for £69, a saving of £100
NGA Learning Link offers flexible e-learning to help governors, trustees, chairs and clerks develop their governance skills and knowledge.
Maintained schools receive the Standard Package, including Learning Link free of charge. Maintained schools can upgrade to the Gold Package for £159.
- The membership will run from Sept 21 to Aug 22.
- Schools are not limited to the number of people who can access the site.
- Standard package will include Leadership Forums.
- Gold package will include a Welcome to Governance live session and handbook.
- Learning Link has several new sessions available.
More details are available click here to request a brochure
Visit our online shop to purchase this package Bursar Login required