NGA Membership 23/24
The National Governance Association (NGA) is the membership organisation for governors, trustees and clerks of state schools in England.
The NGA are an independent, not-for-profit charity that aims to improve the educational standards and wellbeing of young people by increasing the effectiveness of governing boards and promoting high standards. They are expert leaders in school and academy governance, providing information, advice and guidance, professional development and e-learning.
The NGA represents the views of governors, trustees and clerks at a national level and work closely with, and lobby, UK government and educational bodies.
We are pleased to be able to offer all Buckinghamshire schools a discount on membership to the National Governance Association.
For £115 (a discount of £4)
- NGA guides available at a discounted rate
- copies of Governing Matters magazine to the home of three governors/trustees and a copy to the school
- access to members-only content in the online Knowledge Centre containing a wealth of governance resources
- a weekly e-newsletter featuring the latest education news and policy updates
- free places at conferences and events, including the Summer and Annual Conferences, Clerks’ and SEND Networks
- NEW: free places at governance leadership forums
- access to NGA’s webinar and podcast series
- representation at a national level through lobbying and campaigns
for £280 (a discount of £18)
NGA GOLD governing membership gives your board access to all NGA best practice resources while getting expert, confidential and independent governance advice from the GOLDline Advice Service. Membership of the gold package also includes the benefits of the standard package (see above), plus the below:
- Access to NGA GOLDline for expert, confidential and independent governance advice
- A complimentary copy of Welcome to Governance and The Chair’s Handbook in the welcome pack, complimentary copies of Welcome to Governance for all new governors/trustees, and additional NGA guides available at a discounted rate
- NEW: access to Welcome to Governance LIVE, these free virtual sessions are for new governors/trustees and complement local school/trust or LA training and support
- copies of Governing Matters magazine to the home of every governor/trustee and a copy to the school#
For £85 (a discount of £54)
E-learning to help new and experienced governors, trustees, chairs and governance professionals develop their governance skills and knowledge, through the NGA’s Learning Link.
- Over 50 interactive modules:
- A selection of bitesize modules
- 10 diverse learning collections to choose from
- CPD accreditation for all core modules
- A certificate of achievement with every module
- Secure access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Multi-device access on desktops, tablets, smartphones
- Tracked learning – revisit content, take a break
and pick up where you left off
- A dedicated support service
- The membership will run from September 2023 to August 2024
- All governors are able to access the members only resources
- As we are now coming to the end of October if any governors want to buy the yearly memberships for the NGA and GovHub, you won’t get charged for the full year.
For memberships after October 2023 please ring the BESST team to get a pro rata price.
More details are available